Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

Momentics wont open

[ Edited ]

I am trying to install ndk on another pc runnings windows. xp It seems to install ok but just wont open when i click on the icon. The screen just flashes a black window for a split second.

When trying to run bbndk-env.bat i get a file spcified not found error and i think this might be the error when trying to open from icon.

I have installed and uninstalled 2.0.1 & 2.1.0 but neither will open and there is nothing of a simiar problem i have found when searching so it must be to do my environment variables or something but i dont know what.

Any ideas how to sort this out - I have been trying for hours just so i can create an ane on a pc which has flash builder on.

Thanks

Super Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Momentics wont open

[ Edited ]

You can do one thing. Uninstll the momentics and reinstall it. It may resolve your issue. In momentics you dont need to install any enviroment variable.

Trusted Contributor

uninstalled and reinstalled about 5 times today already Smiley Sad

Super Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Try to run the .bat file. It will work.

Trusted Contributor

tried to run bat files earlier and again now but same error file specified could not be found.

Developer
My Device: ಠ_ಠ

1) does it say in the error what file is not found

2) did you have a previous version installed, or is this a first time deal

Trusted Contributor

no, its doesnt say what file is not specified but the only other clue is when i try to run the set variables bat manually it will fail at the last line - set PATH, if i remove that line and run the variabes bat it wont error out.

I think this might have just started happening (rather than a previous build), im sure the ndk has run for me before but then not used for a while and then over the last week i have been playing about with a library which required me to change environment variables, which im not 100% with. So I think this is a self created error which i cant fix. I recently added folders such as minGW and mSys which may give someone an idea of what i may of broke.

Developer

[ Edited ]

I asked if you had a previous version installed because there is an issue with installing new versions where it still tries to look for the old NDK. But if you uninstalled the old NDK already, Momentics will crash. Theres some files in the user directory that specify which NDK to load. I'm not sure where it is on Windows exactly. Theres a thread around here somewhere about it that I posted on, but I can't find it now.

EDIT: The user directory folder is probably mentioned in the env bat file.

Trusted Contributor

I gave a vague answer because i really cant remember if the issue was before i installed a new version of the ndk, but if you can tell me a little more information about these fies i will see if that is the issue. (it probably is as i cant find anything about this issue anywhere).

Thanks people for your help so far.

Developer

[ Edited ]

I don't have it installed on this machine, so I can't look to see what files are in there. But if you can find the path in the env bat file, or if you just look and see it in your user directory... I remember just deleting the whole thing and reinstalling.

But if the folders not there... its probably something else. Not sure what though.