Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook os 1 developer
My Carrier: none
Accepted Solution

NDK1 > device -uninstallApp fails

Playbook64 NDK1 > device -uninstallApp  fails

Q. how do I uninstall a development app from Playbook OS 1 from linux host / NDK1 environment?

Q. is there a way to confirm the 'application ID'  or bar file name as it is on the device?

Thanks

-G

more...

Developing on Host: linux (Ubuntu 11.04) target: Playbook64 OS 1.xx, I've been building sample apps. Then I got a message "maximum of 10 development apps has been reached". So I went to delete them and found it iwas 'hard' to uninstall. I found some documentation online:

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/native/documentation/com.qnx.doc.native_sdk.quickstart/topic/rem... NDK 1 Remove an application from a device or simulator

blackberry-deploy -uninstallApp -device IP_address -package

bar_file_name -password device_password

I found a blackberry-deploy script file in:

/{my_user}/bbndk-1.0/host/linux/x86/usr/bin

From there I issued variants of:

sh blackberry-deploy -uninstallApp -device 192.168.1.101 -package HelloWorld.bar -password my_pwd

(where I've verified the IP address on the device, my_pwd is the password I have set on the device, and in linux instead of sh I can go ./blackberry-deploy)

It seems to run and try something, but says

Error: Ch2_Hello_Triangle.bar (No such file or directory)

I verified the original .bar package name in the host workspace, and tried various mutations such as leaving off the .bar, and trying it with other sample/development programs deployed to the device, and tried

blackberry-nativepackager -uninstallApp -device 192.168.1.101 -package HelloWorld.bar -password my_pwd

none of my variants worked.

New Contributor

Re: NDK1 > device -uninstallApp fails

correction
It seems to run and try something, but says
Error: HelloWorld.bar (No such file or directory)
(I've tried the command on several different samples apps)
Retired
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi,

The blackberry-deploy tool needs the application's BAR package on your host system in order to extract from it the details required to identify the app on the PlayBook/Simulator target, to uninstall it.

So, it needs a path to an existing BAR (HelloWorld.bar in your example), which would either be an absolute path or a path relative to your current working directory.

HTH,

Christian
New Contributor

putting the full _host_ (linux in my case) file path for the .bar file solved it: -uninstallApp succeeded. Thank you very much.