Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Need help - release build error

Hey Everyone,

Im in a bit of a hurry to submit my app to appworld in the next few days but have ran into a problem with building a release version of my app.

My app uses ogg files and plays them using the templates provided in the Hello Ogg sample posted on the developer site.

When I compile a debug version of my program everything works fine but when I try to build a release version I get the following error:

MAKEFILE_GENERATORC:\bbndk\host_10_0_9_404\win32\x86\usr\bin\ntoarm-ld: ../external-lib/oggvorbis/lib/qnx/arm/\libvorbis.a(vorbisfile.o): relocation R_ARM_MOVW_ABS_NC against `__stack_chk_guard' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, this is my first time submitting to BlackBerry World so I dont quite understand the proccess to get my app from development to final packaging. (I have created and been approved as a vendor and have all of the nessasary items uploaded im stuck at submitting the actual files)

Thanks!

Bryce

Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Need help - release build error

Hey, did you find a solution to this? I get the same error. Thanks.

*Like or mark as solution!*
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Need help - release build error

No I didnt get a solution to the error so i ended up converting my ogg files back to wav files and used the original code from the cow bell sample.

I did still get an error with my .so file when compiling the release build but i created a new project and copy/pasted my code it and it compiled fine.

hope this helps

bryce