Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: ?

Not receiving orientation events

I have 2 questions:

A. When swiping up from the bottom of the screen, it minimizes the current application, and you can switch application. While my application is minimized, it does not receive orientation change events. Is this normal?

B. My app works in landscape. The first time I change the orientation of the tablet from 0 to 180 (or 180 to 0), my application receives the orientation events. If I change the orientation again, I don't receive any new events. Is this normal?

Retired
My Device: RIM Developer
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Not receiving orientation events

Good afternoon Jyaif.

A. I just ran a quick test with the GoodCitizen and a rencent NDK/device builds, and orientation events are received by the app after NAVIGATOR_WINDOW_INACTIVE event. What is your device/simulator and NDK builds?

B. We have seen this problem with in-aspect rotations. I am working on an update for the samples, so we should be able to post the update soon.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: ?

A.

Device:

BlackBerry PlayBook, OS Version 1.0.8.6067

NDK version:

QNX® Momentics IDE for BlackBerry® Native SDK for Tablet OS

Version: 1.0.0

B.

OK.

Retired
My Device: RIM Developer
My Carrier: Rogers

Just ran a quick test on the same device and ndk builds - and I do see NAVIGATOR_ORIENTATION events between NAVIGATOR_WINDOW_ACTIVE - NAVIGATOR_WINDOW_INACTIVE events.

Are you running a modified GoodCitizen by any chance?