Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry 10

NotebookService doesn't properly add item to Evernote even if you add to an Evernote notebook

If you use NotebookService, you could delete note in a Remember evernote's folder. However, adding new item to the Evernote notebook through the Notebook service failed to add item to Evernote automatically.

Does anyone able to go around the problem?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 and Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: NotebookService doesn't properly add item to Evernote even if you add to an Evernote notebook

Hi testinz,

To synchronize a NotebookEntry with Evernote, you need to specify the Notebook::type() to 4 (Evernote). Notice, however that per the notebook documentation  (link),  " A non-generic notebook cannot be deleted, and the notebook entries that it contains cannot be moved to another notebook (nor can notebook entries be moved into it from another notebook). Items in a non-generic notebook are generally kept in sync with another source, such as an ActiveSync account."

@SamarAbdelsayed

Did this answer your question? Please accept post as solution.
Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Found a bug? Report it using the Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: Blackberry 10

Re: NotebookService doesn't properly add item to Evernote even if you add to an Evernote notebook

The notebook type is already 4 - Evernote.
The addNotebookEntry call accepts the notebook id - which is already at type 4. Remember doesn't sync with Evernote even if the notebook id in this scenario has type 4.

NotebookServiceResult::Type addNotebookEntry (

NotebookEntry *newNotebookEntry,
const NotebookId &parentNotebookId )
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 and Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Hi testinz, if you think it is a bug then please report it in the BlackBerry developer issue tracker available here. There, please provide a minimal sample project that will help our internal teams reproduce the issue.

Also, please come back to this forum post and provide the link to the created issue in jira.

Thanks!

@SamarAbdelsayed

Did this answer your question? Please accept post as solution.
Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Found a bug? Report it using the Issue Tracker