Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Orange

OAuth without webworks/QT

I have a fully native application, written in C/C++, running with Open GL ES to display the visuals. I would like give the user the ability to sign in with Facebook/Twitter, and to do this I need to follow the OAuth flow, specifically I need to:

1. Load the browser with a URL that I specify
  2. From this page, the user can sign in with the service and allow my application access
  3. Upon successful sign in/authorisation, the URL will change and include tokens which I need to get hold of
  4. The user shouldn't see the URL change, and should instead be directed back to my application
  5. My application can then access the tokens and do what is requires with them

Steps 1 and 2 are easy to do, but I am not sure how I can perform steps 3, 4 and 5, without including my own web browser into the application (the common one people seem to use is something based from QT). I don't really want to mess around with QT. I really just want to use the native browser built into the OS, but with the ability to monitor URL changes and the ability to send the user back to my application once authorisation is complete.

I fear that the only answers I will get is to just use QT, but I live in hope there maybe something better (look at how it is handled on iOS/Android).

Steve

Developer
My Device: BB Q5
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: OAuth without webworks/QT

Found ny solution yet ?  ......