Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
06-26-2012 09:21 AM
I'm wondering if we can expect QNX Momentics to be getting an update any time soon?
So far, I'm dissapointed to see that Momentics doesn't have have a full screen mode for OSX Lion, and although it's less expected at this point I would really like to see an update for the retina Macbook Pro. I'm happy to see pixel doubling works as well as it does, but it would be really nice to see text smoothed out in the IDE.
On a plus side, the dock/launchpad icon is beautifuly smooth in comparison to my linux and windows QDE setups.
Is there any offical words of making these changes? Or is this the responsibility of the Eclipse Foundation?
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-26-2012 09:48 AM
06-26-2012 11:01 AM
06-26-2012 11:04 AM
01-17-2013 07:23 PM
I found from some Eclipse sites, of which Momentics is based off of, that there is a fairly straightforward way to add native OSX Retina support.
1. Open Finder, click on Applications, navigate to bbndk/ide/macosx/x86/eclipse/
3. Control click on qde.app and select Show Package Contents
4. You need to edit Info.plist and add the key NSHighResolutionCapable with the boolean value of true. Here is the start of the file for me with the key added:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>NSHighResolutionCapable</key> <true/> <key>CFBundleExecutable</key> <string>qde</string>
5. Since OSX likely has a cache of this file, you need to reset the cache. This can be done by copying the application from qde.app to qde2.app. Open qde2.app to ensure Momentics is working properly in high resolution.
6. Delete the original qde.app and rename qde2.app to qde.app
6. Open Momentics and get back to building great apps.
P.S. If you work at RIM, could you please just add this key as a default!!!