Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

OpenAL deadlock

[ Edited ]

I have a fairly bizarre runtime crash for the app I am porting. There is a menu that is accessible from the game state (in turn accessed after 2 prior states) by tapping at the top of the screen. At this point the game simply hangs, the debugger referring to a mutex. All other times it seems to work fine. This occurs whether I am playing/loading sounds or not, simply by linking to the OpenAL or alut libraries causes an issue.

EDIT: To clarify, it looks like its getting stuck in the touch input code.

I noticed I could add libraries via the Configure option in the project menu and it seems to add the same linker flags as I did. However it also says this in the summary:

Update application BAR descriptor file

Add required shared libraries to the BAR package, if they are not installed in the target OS.

(right under "This page summarizes the actions to be taken by the wizard and, in some cases, yourself." <--- very helpful.... >Smiley Indifferent )

I am assuming I don't need to do this as OpenAL is reported to be built into Playbook.

I've followed the few "working" examples I've been able to find and I don't see what I could have done wrong. Has anybody else come across a similar issue?

Do I need libasound as well?