Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: [PIM Messages] SMS Msg Recipient nameless

p.s. given your description of the use case, why not use the SIM card serial number as the identifier?

https://developer.blackberry.com/native/reference/cascades/bb__device__simcardinfo.html#property-ser...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Developer

That seems like a good idea. Thanks!

Developer

[ Edited ]

Sorry for bumping this again.

On your previous posts you mentioned if contact exist on phone, for incoming sms , the sender.displayableName will show the name (John Doe) and the sender.address will show the number(11223344)? 

I tested it and both sender.displayableName and sender.address gave me the name (John Doe) for incoming sms.

However it works as you said for outgoing sms, recipient.displayableName shows name (Will Smith) and recipient.address shows number (99988866).

Seems like a problem again? I cant get the phone number using PIM Contacts as no contact id can be returned from sender.

EDIT 1:

My apologies, seems like i received an sms from service provider with name of Customer Service and number of Customer Service even though it wasnt in my contacts, so kindly ignore this reply. My bad

Retired
My Carrier: Vodafone

No problem. Source addresses can be alphanumeric so that's probably what you were seeing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim