Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: RIM & BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Airtel
Accepted Solution

POSIX Message Queues

Hi all,

I was looking for how to work with POSIX Message Queues.

As per the QNX reference i started using mq_* [mq_open, mq_send, mq_receive....]. But looks like i am not following something which is leading mq_open always fail saying "FUNCTION NOT IMPLEMENTED"

Can you please help me in this OR if anyone has faced the same issue

Regards

Chethan

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: POSIX Message Queues

Hi

I can see no sign of this in the BlackBerry 10 documentation so I suspect the response you're getting is telling you that these functions are not supported on the platform. Given the BlackBerry 10 security model I'm not sure how you'd use this if it was supported.

I'm checking though and will report anything further that I find.

Regards

Martin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

I've had confirmation that POSIX message queues are not available to developers of BlackBerry 10 native apps. Sorry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
New Contributor
My Device: RIM & BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Thank you for your valuable inputs on POSIX Message queues