Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
My Device: Storm 1
My Carrier: Verizon

Package Id not changing when signing with an old key.

[ Edited ]

So it all started when I thought Ive lost my original signing key generated from on the Blackerry website from my blackberry Id. Before I managed to upload previous version of the application to the Blackberry World.

After a while I decided to request another key, sign the updated app with it and upload it again to the Blackberry World correctly assuming that it will cause problems as it wont be compatible with old version. Ive read lots of threads on that one so I know this is "the right" thing that should happen. Package-Id is different so there is no excuse.

HOWEVER - I managed to dig out the original bbidtoken.csk and author.p12 after like 1 month or so from some old backup. I though - great - I will just replace these files and we are ok...But it appears that after signing it again with command:

blackberry-signer -verbose -bbidtoken bbidtoken.csk -cskpass my_pass_here -keystore author.p12 -storepass my_store_pass_here my_file.bar

I still get the same-new Package-Id in the manifest? Is there some kind of a explanation for this? Is there a way to get back now?

Help :/

New Developer
My Device: Storm 1
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Package Id not changing when signing with an old key.

It was my mistake, config.xml had a misspelling in the package name so thats why the original key was producing same Package-Id as the new keys did, but does it mean that I could get the same result with new signing files?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Package Id not changing when signing with an old key.

The Package-Id is derived from the Package-Name and your code signing keys.  So if those two are the same you'll be all set.  Also, if you are using BlackBerry ID Tokens for signing, you can download a new token and sign with it as long as you use the same BlackBerry ID account.  More details on that can be found here:  Code Signing Keys Be Gone! Welcome BlackBerry ID

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker