Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10
My Carrier: Orange

Playbook version ok, BB10 crashes almost immediately (before main)

We have our development system set up to build/install from the command line (in Linux).

Playbook development is fine *but* the apps produced crash on a BB10 Dev Alpha device, the strange thing is that they run some code before crashing but the crash occurs before main is reached. It seems to be in the pre-main construction of the globally scoped objects. It mentions an offset from getFacet when it dies with a segmentation violation.

Any idea what differences between Playbook/BB10 would cause this?

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Playbook version ok, BB10 crashes almost immediately (before main)

Replying to my own post, but I finally found the problem!

It turns out that the BB10's version of libstdc++.so.6 was killing the app before it reached main().

My solution was to include the NDK version of the library in my bar-descriptor.xml:-

<asset path="../bbndk-2.1.0/target/qnx6/armle-v7/lib/libstdc++.so.6" type="Qnx/Elf">lib/libstdc++.so.6</asset>

and, to make sure it uses this file:-

<env var="LD_LIBRARY_PATH" value="app/native/lib"/>

Now the BAR file works fine on both Playbook and BB10.

Hoepfully this might help someone else!

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: 910773601

Re: Playbook version ok, BB10 crashes almost immediately (before main)

I am having a similar problem... I have a class that uses stdc++ symbols, and I can use it well! But when I perform a delete I have the error:

Process 425496831 (test_program) terminated SIGSEGV code=1 fltno=11 ip=0187054c(/usr/lib/ldqnx.so.2@__free+0x9c) mapaddr=0003054c. ref=0001d537

I tried to do this, but didn't work :\

Do you have some kind o suggestion?