Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: Newb Playbook Developer
My Carrier: -
Accepted Solution

Problem using gesture library

Hello people, I'm new to the Playbook platform. I have read the source code of the most basic of the available sample apps on the internet. I'm facing some problems now that i'm trying to use the gestures library.

I get an error saying undefined reference to gestures_set_alloc and swipe_gesture_alloc from the IDE even though i have included the relevant header files (gestures/set.h, gestures/swipe.h). Following this i went ahead and downloaded the GestureSample from github (https://github.com/blackberry/NDK-Samples/blob/master/GestureSample/main.c) and tried to compile it but i couldnt.

Can someone help me figure out what i'm doing wrong?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Problem using gesture library

It sounds like you don't have the gesture library specified in your list of libraries.

If you download the entire GestureSample from github it has a Makefile project setup that builds completely.  If you want to fix your current project, look at https://github.com/blackberry/NDK-Samples/blob/master/GestureSample/common.mk and make sure all the equivalent settings in your project are set.

Contributor

Thanks jhoffmann. That indeed was the problem?
Contributor

Was the problem* Smiley Happy
Retired
My Device: bb10
My Carrier: ccmc

# Add your required library names, here
LIBS+=bps screen m img gestures