Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Problem with QWebView

I did try something like that and I'll try this again for starters but 

I need to keep it all Native App because I have to add Navigation Override handling.

I've been trying to use GitHub and download the WebKit for Playbook but that has not been working.

I'd really like to know how to download the ZIP and import that into NDK 10 and then do a complete

Native App by using the WebView Class. That would make the Playbook Native App like the others using

WebKit Classes.  

Thanks

David

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hi.

The current Cascades WebView control will not work on the Playbook until Blackberry 10 is available for the Playbook.  I didn't realize you were trying to create an app on the Playbook first so that solution won't work for you unless you target your app to Blackberry 10 first.  I'll need additional time to investigate the solution you are attempting and then I will reply again to the thread.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10LE, DevAlpha C
My Carrier: Telenor, Mobitel

You can compile QtWebKit like HaTax described in this post Compile QtWebKit

I successfully compiled it, and confirm that is working, i used it in my program, sadly https is not working.

If you have problems compiling here is compiled QtWebKit for Playbook which works QtWebKit for Playbook

I did not test is very much, but it is good for simple use, like displaying html content for help files, or similar stuff.