Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: China mobile

QIRProximitySensor not available?

Unresolved inclusion: <QtSensors/QIRProximitySensor>

And I can't find QIRProximitySensor in C:\bbndk\target_10_0_9_386\qnx6\usr\include\qt4\QtSensors

QProximitySensor gets only bool "close", That's not enough for me. 

I need to get the original reading values in high sampling frequency, even though it doesn't mean distance.

New Contributor
My Device: bb10
My Carrier: liveconnected.com.au

Re: QIRProximitySensor not available?

QItProximitySensor was not included in QtMobility, more or less.

The QtMobility qt-project repo has recently been made under the community contribution model (same as Qt). I am the maintainer of QtSensors in both Qt and and QtMobility for qt-project.

There is a reflectance proximity sensor in mobility, but it was specifically for the Meego platform. I am working on moving this sensor to it's proper place in QSensor class.

Whether BB10 will move to the new QtMobility repo and contribute back into is up to RIM.

That said, you could possibly use the QIrProximity sensor code from the meego plugin directly in your project. Although, you would need to also create your own hardware interface as well. Luckily, there is one in the Qt5 repo for BB10, which could easily be backported.
Senior Software Engineer QtSensor, QSensorGestures qt-project
llornkcor technologies
Developer
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: China mobile

Re: QIRProximitySensor not available?

So it's not available for now but it's possible in the next update, right?