Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
11-07-2011 12:10 PM - edited 11-08-2011 08:43 AM
I've followed the guides and installed Blackberry Playbook Native SDK and the Simulator!
However when I specify a target fro my project I get the erro "Selected binary and target do not match x86"
Here is a screenshot:
Anyone got the same problem?
I'm runing Windwos 7 64bit, but both the simulator and NDK installed fine on the system and AFAIK theire both x86....
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-08-2011 12:14 PM
From your screenshot it appears that you are building for a real device b ut trying to test on a simulator. Be sure to change the "Build Configuration" to one of the Simulator* options so it can be built properly. The Device-* options can be used for testing or creating your application to be tested on the actual devices.
Simulators and real devices are built with different architectures so they need different application builds.
11-08-2011 12:42 PM
I forgot to change that when taking the screen, but I do get the same problem.
I've also tryied to create a new device and it does not connect.
Stoping the vm and runing it again with vmware player did work but only for once...
I think I'll just reinstall everything, reboot and try again!
11-08-2011 02:48 PM
The connection problems seems to be gone after a restart, no need to reinstall everything!
I also found out waht I was doing wrong!
The frist time I've "Build" I just did "Build Project", so even if I then choose another build configuration it wasn't working!
So I right clicked the project --> Build Configurations -> Set Active -> Simulator
Thanks for the help
11-08-2011 03:04 PM
A little tip to streamline your workflow: the C/C++ development perspective has a little "hammer" toolbar action that you can pull down (click the black triangle beside it) to set and build the active configuration in one step, for one or more projects. The icon to its right (looks a bit like a sundial) sets the active configuration, but doesn't build.