Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

QNX Momentics IDE design mode

Hi folks - I've just started development in QNX Momentics IDE and I, no matter what I try, cannot get into "design mode".  It is disabled, even when following the exact steps in the video tutorials on Blackberry's web based training. Are there any cases where the IDE would deny the ability to "design" when viewing a QML file? 

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: QNX Momentics IDE design mode

welcome to the support forums.

i think the troubleshooting mentions graphic card drivers, check if yours are updated etc.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Contributor

Graphics drivers?  That seems odd.  I have the latest driver for my nvidia geforce gtx660m. 

What troubleshooting source are you referring to? 

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: TATA DOCOMO

Sometimes Qml design preview mode is being disabled when your graphic driver stops working or may be out of its functioning.

For that, usually I restart my Momentics IDE or sometimes system restart needed for the proper functioning of the graphic driver.
Dharmender Singh
New Contributor

Well, as much as I think that's an odd cause for just one feature in an IDE not to work, I went ahead and updated my driver.  After updating the driver, the problem still exists.  Unless there is some freak bug with a GeForce GTX 660m that is unidentified, that isn't the problem.  If I were to guess, I'd say it was something in the IDE settings that is preventing me from doing this.  As I said in my original post, I followed the BB video tutorial exactly and his IDE had the design mode button enabled. 

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

check the settings on BlackBerry/QML Editor, uncheck the "disable" box, re-open a qml file. It should run the compatibility check.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Contributor

THAT DID IT!   THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!