Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Bold 9790 + Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

QNX Momentics change csk password

When I was setting up the signing in QNX Momentics IDE, I accidently entered the wrong csk password when it was trying to create a debug token, and now it just gives me an error saying I have an incorrect csk password, every time I try to create a debug token. But it never gives me an option to change it, how can I enter correct password?

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: QNX Momentics change csk password

In the QNX Momentics IDE go to Windows --> Preferences --> Blackberry Tablet OS --> SIgning and run the Blackberry Tablet OS Deployment Wizard and see if that will get you to where you need to be. There might be a faster way to get there but I am still trying to get used to things as well

Retired
My Device: Bold 9800

Go to Window->Preferences->General->Security->Secure Storage.

Select the tab "Contents" and in the bottom right corner click "Delete". This will remove all your saved passwords and will restart the IDE. Once it has restarted, the next time you try to create a debug token you will be prompted for your password.
New Developer
My Device: Simulator
My Carrier: Koodo

I struggled with trying to get a debug token onto the device.

The symptom was, every time i wanted to create a debug token, it would prompt for the csk password,

compute for a few seconds, and then ask again. over and over. Temporarily i would see a file get created in the

research in motion folder, only for it to disappear again. (i copied it once; the file was not valid token at any rate)

The new IDE does not have any such delete capability for passwords that i could find. I did

however, finally find the deployment wizard. It was no different than the steps used when i try to add a device

to the IDE in the dropdown. Pity.

I navigated to users/steve/appdata/local/research in motion

i moved all the .csk and .db and .bar files out of the folder (up into local for instance)

then i clicked on the device dropdown and selected my phone again. This time, my efforts

to create a debug token and download it to the device finally worked.

I used my blackberry id password,

then i had to login to blackberry jam.

After that, the process was automatic, and i see barsigner.db and BLACKBERRY-6200_27716200_debugtoken.bar as well as my previously created bbidtoken.csk (which it downloaded from blackberry jam) and my author.p12 file

which i never touched.

Wow there was nothing on the net about this, that i could find. I hope this helps someone.