Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x
Accepted Solution

QT and Release

I've found out that when I do Export->Release build I get signed bar file - good, but when I deploy it manually to Playbook it refuses to start. Apparently the problem is that Qt app need arguments "-platform blackberry" to run properly. When I packaged and sign the same app from command line using blackberry-nativepackager with -arg -platform -arg blackberry I was able to start this signed application on Playbook.

So questions:

1) When I build Device-Relase and once Run it from NDK it is pushed to Playbook and stays there. Then I can easily click on the icon and start the app. How does the app know about -platform blackberry (which I specified when I ran the project in 'Arguments' section.

2) Why 1) does not happen with signed app?

3) What/where should I specify in NDK to be able to Export->Release Qt application?

Thanks,

Evgeny.

PS: by the way the same question about env variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH - how is it set up when the app runs? the same for all apps or there is flexibility to modify this var?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: QT and Release

In all cases, the "-platform blackberry" part goes into the MANIFEST.MF file as part of the invocation of the main executable.

The problem with the Export Release wizard is that you have to tell it to pass those arguments along to the packager in some fashion.

You can do that in the final page of the wizard in the Packaging Settings -> Advanced tab by using "-arg -platform -arg blackberry".

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

Re: QT and Release

Thanks Peter!

I was stupid enough to hit Finish on the first screen of Export->Release Build instead of hitting Next when we have 'Advanced' options. Looks like it's what I am looking for. Will test with the next release as I opted to use command line tools to create 'relase' with needed arguments for uploading to appworld.