Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Telenor

QT creator or QNX momentics IDE ?

Hi

I am confused on the usage of qt creator and QNX IDE. I started my development using cascades in the QNX IDE. But now I realized that native development will work good for my app. Since the performance is the key thng from my customer, i ve decided to use native developmnt method. Now, I would like to write my code in QT for the BB10 OS on Z10. Since my frnds who know QT better are with me, it would be easy if I get stuck in btween if I use QT. I have installed the QT creator too. now I have momentics IDE, QT creator and the simulator. I dont know how to start the development. SHould I use QT creator to develop or momentics IDE ? Is it possible to write my Bb10 code in QT for z10.? I could not see any QT/C++ sample project also.. the samples I saw are wrtten in C. Pls help.. !!!

Please like this if you are answered.
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

Re: QT creator or QNX momentics IDE ?

You can use both NDK and QTCreator to develop for Z10 using Qt.

Some samples you can find here https://github.com/blackberry

Or this is very basic example https://github.com/BGmot/Cascades-Community-Samples/tree/master/QtFonts

Developer
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Telenor

Re: QT creator or QNX momentics IDE ?

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply...

I tried with QT creator. But the tabs and all cannot be customized well. I need a good looking UI with tabs and page indicators and all. I read in the net that we can use QT quick for BB10 development. But do we have any sample apps done on qt quick? or can someone tel the best approach for Z10 app development ? 

Please like this if you are answered.