Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 (primary) Z10 LE (secondary)
My Carrier: Singtel

Qt Creator 2.6.1 can't find proper installed Qt version in BB10 beta 4 NDK

Hi,

I am using Windows XP 32bit for development. I follow the instruction Using Qt Creator for Qt Development on BlackBerry 10 from Qt Wiki. I install BB10 NDK (Qt 4.8.4) and Qt Creator 2.6.1. But after configuring the Qt version (with qmake.exe), it says Qt verson not properly installed. And I can't find any application template from New Project. I also try with BB10 NDK (Qt 4.8.3) and Qt Creator 2.6. It is still same problem. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Developer
Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: -

Re: Qt Creator 2.6.1 can't find proper installed Qt version in BB10 beta 4 NDK

Re-do this section again:

Setting up BlackBerry 10 NDK Environment

Compared to Playbook, there is no need to make your own build of Qt when you use BlackBerry 10 NDK. A Qt version is included in the BlackBerry 10 NDK, DevAlpha devices and in the BlackBerry Dev Simulator. The only thing what you need is to specify appropriate mkspec in qmake when you switch targets. It is still possible to build and use your own version of Qt if needed.

Some extra steps are required before you can start using the NDK Beta 4 with QtCreator. Most of them will not be needed in the future versions.

The BlackBerry 10 NDK is using a set of environment variables. Those variable are used by the “qt.conf” to set the values of defining Qt installation paths. In order to properly use Qt in the NDK, you need to set those environment variables first by sourcing the “bbndk-env.sh” script (or execute the “.bat” script under Windows) available in the NDK directory.
$ export CPUVARDIR=armle-v7
$ source <path_to_ndk>/bbndk-env.sh
Now the necessary environment variables are set. “qmake” should point to your NDK Qt version and you can start QtCreator in the same shell:
$ qmake -v
QMake version 2.01a
Using Qt version 4.8.4 in <path_to_ndk>/target<version>/qnx6/usr/lib/qt4/lib
$ qtcreator
Optionally, you can also avoid sourcing this script each time you use Qt on BlackBerry 10 by setting paths in the “qt.conf” file according the location of the NDK on your machine. Open “<path_to_ndk>/host<version>/<platform>/x86/usr/bin/qt.conf” and replace the values from QNX environment variables with the full path for the following entries:
Binaries = <path_to_ndk>/host<version>/<platform>/x86/usr/bin
Headers = <path_to_ndk>/target<version>/qnx6/usr/include/qt4
Data = <path_to_ndk>/target<version>/qnx6/usr/share/qt4
Libraries = <path_to_ndk>/target<version>/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib/qt4/lib
Imports = <path_to_ndk>/target<version>/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib/qt4/imports
Plugins = <path_to_ndk>/target<version>/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib/qt4/plugins
Note: in the next NDK releases those issues should be fixed so you won’t need to go through those steps to set up your Qt correctly.

using the bbndk-env.bat does not work on windows, so you have to set the absolute path in the qt.conf file.

never got pas t that though i.e couldn't get cascades to be recognized on QtCreator Smiley Sad If oyu get this to work, please post back!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 (primary) Z10 LE (secondary)
My Carrier: Singtel

I have set absolute path of the variables. But it seems no work.

Additionally, "Plugins" folder not in the place.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Idea

Did anyone find a solution for this? Even I can't find qt4/plugins folder.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Idea

I found a workaround to the plugins folder problem. Creating a new folder named 'plugins' at appropriate locations works.