Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: 02

Qt Creator for BB10 Issues

After realizing that cascade does not fully meet the needs for my project, I have turn to Qt Creator to use Qt GUi especially th Graphics View widget which I will need for the grid/tiling of my map.

I have setup the Qt creator as indicated here, http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-Creator-with-BlackBerry-10.

Below is a screen shot of the device targets and compiler

qt screen shot.PNG

My Device is running BB Z10 is running OS version 10.0.

I have created and build a BB GUI app using Qt creator, When I run this app I get the error below;

23:27:43: Running steps for project Hey...

23:27:43: Configuration unchanged, skipping qmake step.

23:27:43: Starting: "C:\bbndk\host_10_1_0_132\win32\x86\usr\bin\make.exe"

make: Nothing to be done for `first'.

23:27:45: The process "C:\bbndk\host_10_1_0_132\win32\x86\usr\bin\make.exe" exited normally.

23:27:45: Elapsed time: 00:02.

23:28:15: No hostname specified for device

Error while building/deploying project Hey (kit: BlackBerry 10 (C:/bbndk/target_10_1_0_1020/qnx6))

When executing step 'Deploy packages'

I use to have this problem with the NDK, I solved it adding a target for OS 10.0.

I have tried to configure Qt Creator to target OS 10.0 target host but it will not work as errors are generated.

I have tried updating the OS of my device but get the info my OS is up to date, which I know it is not.

Also worth noting is, when I run on simulator the apps deploys but crashes with the error

connecting to device failed: connection time out

Any help will be well appreciated as I really need to use Qt for my application Thanks.

My Device: Z30, Z10 LE, DevAlpha C, PlayBook

Re: Qt Creator for BB10 Issues

[ Edited ]

Please check the version of Qt Creator. I'm using 2.7.1, it works on Mac OS & Windows 7.

In Tools -> Options -> Devices add new BlackBerry device, make sure that you specify an IP address and password and they are correct. IP address can be USB or Wi-Fi one, they both work.

After adding the device, click "Apply" button (otherwise it won't appear in dropdown menu later), switch to Build & Run panel.

Select Kits tab, choose "Blackberry 10" target and in "Device:" field choose the device. Make sure the device type is set to "BlackBerry device". I hope this will fix the problem.

Andrey Fidrya, @zmeyc on twitter
New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I have tried what you said and I cannot get it to work at all

I get this error message:

Error: Read timed out

Error while building/deploying project testwidgetchat (kit: Qt 4.8.5 for BlackBerry Device - target_10_2_0_1155)

When executing step 'Deploy packages'

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Are you able to ping the IP address of the BlackBerry 10 Device or simulator?  Are you running any firewall or VPN software that could be blocking the connection?

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker