Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

Qt and virtual keyboard

Hello Qt developers,

is there a way to make a Qt component 'think' that it can have keyboard input? The problem is that suppose I have text area to enter text and several Qt buttons, when I click button I do some auxilary actions and return cursor to the text area. But as soon as I click any Qt button my virtual keyboard disappears and I have to swipe to bring it to the screen again. If I use virtualkeyboard_show() the keyboard goes down and up which looks ugly.

So the question: can I make buttons think that they can have keyboard input so keyboard never disappears from the screen?

Thanks.

PS: the same behaviour for BB2 and BB10.

Retired
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Qt and virtual keyboard

Hi BGmot,

perhaps, you could make your textField.requestFocus after your actions, but it still goes down and up tho'.

void App::onTestButtonClicked(){
	txt1->requestFocus();
}

Developer

Yes, it goes down and up which looks ugly. I had to patch Qt lib for now which is bad because I have to deploy my own Qt lib with my app while Qt libraries are already on the BB10 device.

Retired

I'm affraid you will need to stay tuned, check the comments below from the Release Notes - Beta2

Focus handling for controls - The approaches to focus handling are being updated. This is a work-in-progress, but will allow controls to become focusable and have a region of interest that is connected to scrolling and the virtual keyboard. Stay tuned for more updates!

https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/downloads/releasenotes

Developer

I am afraid it is about Cascades not Qt.

Highlighted
Retired

Definitely.