Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Qt linking issue? Anyone else having this problem?

Well, the beta was supposed to be by end of year really, not fall, and technically they sort of made that target since some few beta testers do have it in a very closed beta.

Whether we'll see it before *this* fall, I really don't know at this point... I thought for sure we'd have an open beta by now, and they did say at DevCon the release target was April.

Anyway, no, it's not the QtCreator plugin I'm talking about, but Eclipse.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: ...

Re: Qt linking issue? Anyone else having this problem?

[ Edited ]

Doh! Do I feel like a dope! Smiley Very Happy I did not realize that you could debug on the device with Momentics.... I couldn't for of life of me figure out why everyone was wasting so much time and effort to get momentics working with Qt.... LMAO its all clear now! I was wrongly assuming (as usual) that due to the security of the playbook that no live debug connections were allowed...

That would have been handy when I was trying to get the Symbian components working on the pb...

If they are including the bb port into the main branch of Qt4.8  you will likely just be able to select it from the Version selector in creator.

I am just finishing up an android project at the moment, once I am done I will look into getting the debug output connected in Qt, I will have a look at how they are doing it in eclipse.

Cheers,

Jon