Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: BB 9000
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

RIM Network Device Driver Windows 7

I've been doing my BB10 work on a Mac, But before Crhistmas I set up my Windows 7 laptop to with the BB10 development environment. That worked fine but I haven't used the laptop since.

Last night I tried to connect theBB10 to the laptop again and the BB10 device wasn't recognized. Windows tried to install a device driver but can't find it. I end up with an unknown "RIM Network Device" in Device Manager.

I've tried removing everything RIM related from the machine and re-installing but I can't get Windows to recongnize the device. There isn't even a mass storage device showing on Windows. When I connect to the Mac I get a couple of drives showing up in the Finder.

Any ideas about how to get Windows device driver installed?

BTW the device works fine with the Mac. I just need to get it working with WIndows again.

I have a Dev Allpha B if that matters, running the latest OS build 2320 (I believe).

Also, I uninstalled the BlackBerry Device Manager and I can't find an installer for that to re-install it. That seemed to get installed automatically last time.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Vip

Re: RIM Network Device Driver Windows 7

In Dev Alpha settings menu change connection to "Detect automatically" and try again.
New Developer
My Device: BB 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

DOH!!! As soon as I saw your answer I realized what was going on. After the last update, the Mac was having trouble seeing the device so we set the Mass Storage setting to Mac. I knew that would bite me in the you know what.

Problem solved.

Thanks.

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Geocell

Sorry I have kind of same problem: I have new BB Z10. Installed BB Link on my PC.  I am running windows 7.

When I plug my BB to my PC it fails to install RIM Network device and BB Link does not recognize my device respectively.

I did what you recommended above, but here is all set correctly.

Now I am trying to search for the RIM Network driver and cannot find it...

Please help.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport / BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: KPN

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

@Dodger52 You realise this thread is over a year old right?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport / BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: KPN

[ Edited ]

I do, but i figured that people wil Google-search for an anwser to this problem and probably end up in this topic (just like i did), so i thought i'd share the solution