Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Refresh a Page

I am working with persistent storage at the moment.  My settings page uses RadioGroups.  Right now - it saves my selection of the RadioButton.  The variables, however on the pages that are to be modified are only done so when I close the app and start it again. 

Is there a way to refresh the pages when the radio button is selected?

Thanks.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Refresh a Page

you have a signal that is triggered when the button is selected, you can change or refresh whatever you like there.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

I assumed so but was not able to find the inputs that would do so. Read about invalidate, but this was in c functions not qml. Is there a refresh command that can be used in onSelected. I was not able to find anything in documentation.
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

you have to set the new value programatically, like myLabel.text = read new value here

as an alternative you could use Q_PROPERTY with a NOTIFY in your Qt code, see http://doc.qt.digia.com/qt/properties.html
If you declare the data source in this way your UI would be notified whenever the value changes in the background, the API docs i linked to have a simple example that shows that.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter