Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Lebera

Re: Retrieve resources from folders other than assets

It looks like my approach is wrong.

Is there any other way to acheive similar kind of file structure?

I am using libraries in Android, targets in iPhone to get the same functionality done.  May be something like that.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

You need to explain a little more (probably a lot more) about what you are trying to achieve?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Contributor

I have a single source code base and want to change the images for different clients.

I want to load images only specific to that client.

Developer

I'm going to hazard a guess this might be a static asset selector issue and point  you here...

http://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/cascades/best_practices/resolution/using_static...

If it's not then see the question above.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer

Okay and where are these assets stored originally, on a company server?

Contributor

I want to keep it in the application itself. with folder structure I have specified.

But it looks like even if use that structure all images are loaded into the application.

Developer
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10
My Carrier: Fido

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure I understand where else you expect to place them. Will the appropriate assets be downloaded from somewhere depending on the client?

arun7725 wrote:

I want to keep it in the application itself. with folder structure I have specified.

But it looks like even if use that structure all images are loaded into the application.

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.  multiFEED Icon

Play nice: Clicking Like Button on posts that helped you not only encourages others to continue sharing their experience, but also improves your own rating on this board. Also, don't forget to accept a post if it solves your problem or answers your question.
Developer

[ Edited ]

They are not loaded in to the application but they are present in the bar file and therefore occupy space in the flash memory.

If you have a lot of clients and want to minimise the space I suggest you keep the images on a server and asynchronously download the client-only images to the 'data' folder on the applications first start.

http://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/cascades/device_platform/data_access/file_syste...

Developer
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Stephen, you seem to have this well in hand so I'll leave this one to you.

BBSJdev wrote:

They are not loaded in to the application but they are present in the bar file and therefore occupy space in the flash memory.

If you have a lot of clients and want to minimise the space I suggest you keep the images on a server and asynchronously download the client-only images to the 'data' folder on the applications first start.

http://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/cascades/device_platform/data_access/file_syste...

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.  multiFEED Icon

Play nice: Clicking Like Button on posts that helped you not only encourages others to continue sharing their experience, but also improves your own rating on this board. Also, don't forget to accept a post if it solves your problem or answers your question.
Contributor

Thanks,

May be this works...