Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Z30 running 10.2 and Playbook 4GLTE running OS2.1
My Carrier: rogers

Run As, Debug As, Run configurations, etc

hey guys,

I'm a little new to this, but i've run into a problem that i can't figure out.

I swear that i used to have 5 options on the Build Configurations submenu under Set Active:

1.) Default

2.) Device-Release

3.) Device-Debug

4.) Simulator-Release

5.) Simulator-Debug

this all used to work wonderfully.

I'm not sure what i did, but i can't figure out how to manage the Build Configurations any more, and i can't make a Simulator-Release version work at all.

I'm reading through the documentation on the IDE, but i can't find anything about this.

is there a way to reset the IDE to default/original configuration and start over?

this all started when i began using a second computer for development - one at work, one at home.  I'm keeping my project in SVN (the whole project), and synching on the two systems.  On the work computer, i use the simulator, on the home computer, i use a dev alpha.  Somewhere in this copying of files back and forth, the project seems to have been changed/corrupted in some way, and now it's a total mess.

what can i do to sort this out?

thanks,

oddboy

bron: a cron-like scheduler for BlackBerry 10
http://apps.oddelement.com
Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Free Mobile

Re: Run As, Debug As, Run configurations, etc

Hello Smiley Happy

Are you using Blackberry 10 Native SDK ? In this SDK, there is no Simulator-Release build conf.
You can manage your build conf. by right clicking on your project in the Project Explorer, and going to "Build Configurations" and then clicking "Manage..." or "Set Active".
You can also manage Run configuration by right clicking on your project, and going to "Run As" and clicking on "Run Configurations..."

Instead of having your whole project in SVN, maybe you should only sync your src folder ?

Did I helped you ? I may have understood the issue wrongly. ^^
-----------------------------
See my PlayBook apps and my website.
Twitter : @Minishlink