Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB 10 -BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: BlackBerry

Re: Running application in background and catching incoming and outgoing messages

Hi simon_hain,

I didn't get any reply from BlackBerry yet. When will I get reply regarding this ?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Running application in background and catching incoming and outgoing messages

Hello, 

Would you please tell me what do I do next ?  I still didn't get any reply but got one link about headless app - 

https://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/cascades/device_platform/headless_apps/create_...

Please reply .

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

It takes a while to get a reply as it has to bes assessed if  the permission should be allowed for your app or not.

You can either wait and in the meantime keep working on your app, or wait and not start until you get it.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks BBSJdev , but what shall I get in that reply ?  I mean shall I get any signing key or anything else.  And the link which I got about this describes that I need to create one seperate project for headless app . Then what shall I do in onInvoked() method in .cpp file . Because its for running in background then which logic should I write there ?

Developer

I believe it will be linked to your BlackBerry ID.

onInvoked() is the slot that will get called when your app is invoked, so within your function should go the logic that you want the headless part to perform. i.e. the code that implements the reason you put for having a headless app.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer

If it's any consolation I'm also waiting for a reply on a permission grant, however I'm hoping they will refuse mine on the basis that they have put time based triggers in 10.2.1 thus allowing me to write a short-running headless instead.

Here's hoping.