Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

SDK 10.0.9.231​8 issue with popTransitionEnded Signal

In my C++ application I have code that uses the

popTransitionEnded

signal from a NavigationPane to detect the close of a Page and thus free up the resources associated with it. I reuse the Page in the same way as the cookbook sample application does.  So the app creates the contents of the page, adds this to the created page, and then pushes it.  When the popTransitionEnded signal is sent, the app clears out the contents it has added. 

However I find that this signal is now NOT invoked if the user has 'minimized' the screen by pushing up from the bottom.

Usually the user will initiate the second screen, review the contents, and then press the back button.  In this circumstance, the signal is seen in the C++ program. 

But if the user sees the second screen with the back button at the bottom, minimizes the screen by pushing up from the bottom, then expands it again - then, when they press the back button, the signal is not fired.

This is on device and on the Simulator.

I don't see anything that I would regard as significant in any log I have looked at.

Do other people see the same thing?

As a workaround I'm going to tie the clean up to the Back button signal and hope that it is fired!

Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: NA

Re: SDK 10.0.9.231​8 issue with popTransitionEnded Signal

Version: 10.0.9
Build id: v201212072306

I have the event defined in qml. 

Event gets called properly for me if i push a page , minimize application , maximize and then peek/click back.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

peter_strange is there any chance this problem, which sounds like it might relate to an implicit animation that's not happening, is related to the ones we've been mentioning in this thread ? http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Cascades-Development/Error-slogger2-buffer-handle-not-initial...

(Despite the title, it mostly deals with the animation problem, not slogger2.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Good spot! 

In fact I do see this too:

"Error: slogger2 buffer handle not initialized"

I'm going to solve this Thread on the grounds that it is the same.