Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: bb10, bb7
My Carrier: bell, telus

SMS Headless invocation works only on 10.2.0.1445 OS version

Hi everybody,

I developed app with headless part  with sms invocation and it works in release mode on OS 10.2.0.1445, but with OS update to 10.2.0.1793 or Bell and Telus latest 10.2.0.424  the headless part never started.

I tried different configurations in bar-descriptor according to samples and BB10 docs with the same result – works only on 10.2.0.1445.

Any suggestion what is wrong or missing?

Thanks,

Michael

Developer
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: SMS Headless invocation works only on 10.2.0.1445 OS version

I don't know how SMS invocation works since I've never done it, but the 10.2.0.424 release breaks InvokeQuery, preventing all manner of invokation types from working properly. BlackBerry is aware of this and is preparing a fix, apparently, but in the meantime many apps using InvokeQuery for invocation suddenly stopped working with this update.

I don't know if it will work for what you want to do, but the workaround that still behaves on 10.2.0.424 is to avoid InvokeQuery and use InvokeManager/InvokeRequest instead. I have posted a C++/QML class that wraps this all up neatly and it may solve your dilemma. Even if it doesn't, that thread explains the cause of the problem and what you might do about it.

michael1123 wrote:

Hi everybody,

I developed app with headless part  with sms invocation and it works in release mode on OS 10.2.0.1445, but with OS update to 10.2.0.1793 or Bell and Telus latest 10.2.0.424  the headless part never started.

I tried different configurations in bar-descriptor according to samples and BB10 docs with the same result – works only on 10.2.0.1445.

Any suggestion what is wrong or missing?

Thanks,

Michael

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.  multiFEED Icon

Play nice: Clicking Like Button on posts that helped you not only encourages others to continue sharing their experience, but also improves your own rating on this board. Also, don't forget to accept a post if it solves your problem or answers your question.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: bb10, bb7
My Carrier: bell, telus

Thanks,

App uses only smsTransport and receives InvokeRequest.

Looks like have to wait for fix.

Developer
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Ok, if you are using InvokeRequest then it is probably a different issue, but BlackBerry certainly seems to have messed up invocation with recent 10.2 builds. One thing to note is that some classes (such as InvokeActionItem) use InvokeQuery behind the scenes and so are broken too, even though you don't actually see an InvokeQuery yourself.

michael1123 wrote:

Thanks,

App uses only smsTransport and receives InvokeRequest.

Looks like have to wait for fix.

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.  multiFEED Icon

Play nice: Clicking Like Button on posts that helped you not only encourages others to continue sharing their experience, but also improves your own rating on this board. Also, don't forget to accept a post if it solves your problem or answers your question.