Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Z10

Re: [SMS-MMS] Rough structure of an MMS message?

[ Edited ]

Another question, for Emails, dates are retrieved with utc offset +0000

Example , Wed Oct 30 2013 09:00:00 +0800 is returned as  Wed Oct 30 2013 01:00:00

However, for sms, mms, dates are retrieved already in local time 
Example, 
Wed Oct 30 2013 09:00:00 +0800 is returned as Wed Oct 30 2013 09:00:00

Seems to be the case for notebooks dates too (even though its PIM Notebooks api) Here
Question is how do I retrieve the offset in the case for mms, sms as the utcoffset returns 0

Retired
My Carrier: Vodafone

I believe the MMS Attachments are automatically downloaded when the MMS arrives unless the handset is thought by the carrier to not have this ability. Behind the scenes of course this happens in two stages, with a binary SMS indicating the MMS and availabilty of multimedia attachments in the network followed by the attachments being downloaded. Signals are emited per the SMS/MMS developer's guide at each of these two stages.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Retired
My Carrier: Vodafone

On dates; I guess you're specifically talking about the serverTimestamp? Any others?

Let me check... I don't see any sign of a UTC offset value available which would be an issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim