Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Red Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Sample - Dev Mode is now Open Source

[ Edited ]

I have published Dev Mode along with a few other samples on GitHub feel free to check them out

https://github.com/slashkyle/Cascades-Samples/

Dev Mode - Demonstrates how to use BPS Monitor in QML to check for fullscreen, thumbnailed & invisible as well as Invocation Manager to invoke an application.  This app can also be found on BlackBerry World

Capture This - Demonstrates how to capture Screenshots of your app using 10.0 API's and no permissions

Remember This - Demonstrates how to use QSettings to save and retrieve variables after an app is closed

Exif Orientation - Demonstrates how to use Exif Data and then correct an image's rotation.  View the Readme!

QT Concurrent - Demonstrates how to process an intesive task in a separate thread.  Proceed with caution!

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Sample - Dev Mode is now Open Source

thumbs up from me, keep up the good work!
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: Aircel

Thanks for post useful message dude 

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Nice work, however you've left the copyright as BlackBerry.

I'm not sure legally whether this is possible if you don't work for them (I assume you don't) and I'm sure it wasn't your intention to assign ownership of your work to them.

You can still use the Apache License but replace the copyright with your own name.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer

Thanks!

Fixed the copyright and a few other issues I noticed will improve the notation throughout the code over time

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

[ Edited ]

Okay if you don't mind suggestions I noticed you've put tr() on the invoke calls.
If someone copies your code and uses it in an app that has translations (done by a 3rd party) it would be fun to watch the results. :-)

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer

Thanks for the tip, I got that fixed while at the same time learned that git is much easier to control from the shell instead of the gui app Smiley Wink