Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10

Screen window default rotation issue in 10.0.9.xx

Hi,

I have an app on the app store which uses the front camera as a Mirror.

There is a bug in many of the 10.0.9 OS versions which cause the screen_window to be rotated 90 counterclockwise.

Even the sample Camera for Cascades app is rotated on many of the 10.0.9.xx versions.

My app keeps getting approved/denied based on what OS the App world tester is using, and i can't test the app on different OSs in the simulator because the simulator doesn't support camera!!

Does anyone know how to find the OS user is using, so I can add or disable the 90rotation on screen_window that I'm doing in my code? 

if( faulty_OS)

{

i = 90;

screen_set_window_property_iv(win, SCREEN_PROPERTY_ROTATION, &i);

}

else{}

Regular Contributor

Re: Screen window default rotation issue in 10.0.9.xx

So I'm able to find the user's OS now, but is there a place when I can find out all the chnages between on OS update and another?

Since I can't test on simulator, I am trying to find a "change list" that shows the all the rotations that were added/removed inbetween different OSes. 

Thanks!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Bell

What gets rotated is dependant more on the hardware than the OS, and you can't count on the data being rotated a certain way based on just the OS.

Check out this sameple for more details and best practices: https://github.com/blackberry/Cascades-Community-Samples/tree/master/RotationCamera

Paul Bernhardt
Application Development Consultant
BlackBerry
@PBernhardt

Did this answer your question? Please accept this post as the solution.
Found a bug? Report it to the Developer Issue Tracker
Regular Contributor

I had disabled the Portrait/lanscape motions when user rotates the phone. I was just talking about the camera image/viewfinder/screen window (one of these) being rotated 90 counterclockwise in between OS versions. Sometimes my app would denied, sometimes approved even though I had not changed anything to do with rotations
Regular Contributor

Even the sample cascades camera app was rotated on my 10.0.10.166 on ATT