Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Scrolling issues with TitleBarScrollBehavior Default, NonSticky - Q10, Dev Apha C

I am having an issue with the default behaviour of the Titlebar when running my apps on Dev Alpha C Simulator and device, with latest OS.

If the Titlebar is defaulted or NonSticky, it will hide quite nicely.  However it will then not scroll beyond the limit of the screen height + hidden TitleBar height.  As a simple example, say I have a screen with ScrollView containing a number of LabelFields, of which 3 are hidden.  If I scroll up, the TitleBar will disappear which is good, and I can see the bottom label, but when I let go, the screen snaps back so that the top of the screen os the field immeidately under the Titlebar, which of course hides the last LabelField.

While I can go through my QML and set

TitleBarScrollBehavior.Sticky

that means I wil have to create a 10.1 build specifically for the Q10. 

I have searched and can't find any referecnes to this as a problem, but I am sure that other people will have noted it. 

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Scrolling issues with TitleBarScrollBehavior Default, NonSticky - Q10, Dev Apha C

i'd say log it in jira with a small sample.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer

Re: Scrolling issues with TitleBarScrollBehavior Default, NonSticky - Q10, Dev Apha C

Developer

I have a workaround that will get me moving. 

I have used the static asset selector.  In the 720x720 directory I have the following QML called MyTitleBar.qml

import

bb.cascades 1.0

TitleBar

{ 

scrollBehavior: TitleBarScrollBehavior.Sticky

}

Using the IDE with 10.0.... this flags up as an error.  But it still lets me compile and build.  Now I have another MyTileBar.qml in the base assets directory containing just

:

import

bb.cascades 1.0

TitleBar

{

}

And I reference MyTitleBar where I used to use TitleBar.  So the 10.0... build is complaining, but still working, and on the Dev Alpha C I get a sticky TitleBar and content that scrolls correctly. 

Developer

[ Edited ]