Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Dev Alpha B
Accepted Solution

Share photo using invocation framework

Hi,

I've seen few threads discussing sharing framework (invocation if to be more precise), but most of them are about sharing strings. I need to share a photo from local filesystem. What I've tried so far:

InvokeActionItem - cannot really be used since URI is not changeable after query was created (at the time action item was created). I can use this method to successfully share a photo with fixed URI, I mean it opens a dialog with 4 items (Bluetooth, NFC and 2 BBM items) and sends the file to another device using at least Bluetooth. 

Invocation (in attachedObjects section) - opens dialog with only NFC choice. Cannot really test it as I don't have any other NFC enabled device. In any case I need all 4 choices the previous method gives

InvokeManager - doesn't show anything at all, no dialogs, no error in device log. 

Can anyone suggest something else? I also tried invokeclient example but whenever I try to share anything it shows just an error. Thank you in advance

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Dev Alpha B

Re: Share photo using invocation framework

Never mind, solved exactly as described here: