Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom
Accepted Solution

Sharing framework

Hi,

While reading the bb10 jam slides, I noticed many mentions to the BB10 sharing framework. It is supposed to be a core feature of the OS. What does it mean ? And why we will implement it in our apps ?

Is it something like the send menu api we have in the java 7 api, I mean something that take an argument and the user can send it to twitter, facebook, bbm,... ?

Thanks for your help,

Laurent

Twitter : @LaurentKP
My apps
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Sharing framework

You didn't mention which slides, so I'll have to guess what they were talking about was the Invocation Framework.

This isn't released yet, so we have no access to it even in the beta Cascades NDK.

If it is this that you are talking about, your description of what it's like covers some aspects of it. It's a superset of that...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom

Re: Sharing framework

Thanks Peter, you're right, the sharing feature is part of the invocation framework :

DEV117 : Blackberry 10 flow and the invocation framework, slide 12, the share action item in the bottom bar.

Any idea when it will be released ?

Twitter : @LaurentKP
My apps