Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

My Device: Playbook OS 2.1
My Carrier: -

Sigsegv code=2 error

I use Shiva 3d  with bb ndk 2.1 to develope my apps. Unfortunately I can't run any of them on my device (PB OS 2.10.1526) because of this error:

Process 20660386 (g<my_app_name>.bin) terminated SIGSEGV code=2 fltno=11 ip=00901404(com.com.com.testDev_com_com_com846bc427@alGenAuxiliaryEffectSlots+0x0)

What I know from several users of Shiva they don't have problems with their apps using Shiva and 2.1 ndk.

What kind of issue is that?

Is it internal Shiva's engine problem or my computer's config. or something else? My os: XP

Thanks for help.

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Sigsegv code=2 error

You probably have an uninitialised or incorrectly initialised pointer somewhere in your code. This is a common cause of SIGSEGV.

The Momentics IDE lets you perform "post-mortem debugging" against a core dump file. After a SIGSEGV, you should have a core dump file on your device. Follow the procedure here:

to obtain the core dump and use post mortem debugging. Hopefully this will pinpoint the call that is generating the SIGSEGV. Alternatively, isolate the call by placing qDebug() statements in your code until you have evidence of where the error is being generated.

Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim