Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
08-08-2012 06:23 AM
I'm trying to set the text of a TextArea from C++, but it the page is going plain dark ( splash) with no error messages in the logs.
I have tried it in both simulator and Dev Alpha device and same thing happend.
QmlDocument *qml = QmlDocument::create("logger.qml"); AbstractPane *root = qml->createRootNode<AbstractPane>(); txtArea = root->findChild<QObject*>("txtName"); // QString temp="";//txtArea->text(); // temp.append("Text:"); txtArea->setProperty("text", "Text:"); qDebug() << "JSON data loaded OK!"; Application::setScene(root); }
If i comment the 'setProperty' line, the empty text area comes just fine.
As you would notice I tried the setText too, but that also failed.
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-08-2012 11:32 AM
I changed a sample I have that uses a TextArea to use a QString instead, commenting out all TextArea methods and just doing your setProperty line. This worked fine for me. I also tried just changing the findChild to findChild<QObject*>. When my variable is a TextArea*, this gives a syntax error unless I do:
So if the previous suggestion is not enough, change your txtArea variable to a TextArea* and check that the findChild actually returns something.