06-02-2012 05:14 PM
Hey all, getting the IDE and simulator working and am having problems launching the simulator. It opens, goes through the BB lightshow, but then freezes at some blue lights and never makes it to the homescreen. Does anyone have any similar issues?
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-04-2012 05:13 PM
I have not seen this with the default settings, and I'm using Windows7 so this might not be helpful. Hopefully someone else has seen and solved the issue and can give us some insight.
- in my VM I bumped up the memory to 2Gb. This is done when the VM is off. (If it's over 2Gb, it doesn't run).
- do you have other VM software that might be interfering?
06-06-2012 03:56 PM
A few points:
1) When you say the lightshow is displayed, do you see graphic movements or does it show up frozen instantly?
2) When the VM is loading, are you able to access hardware settings for it? you can try and reduce the 3D acceleration for the simulator and see if it improves the situation;
3) What is the video card in your laptop?
06-06-2012 09:18 PM
Hmm, by lightshow yes, when I reset the VM it does show the graphic movements and eventually freezes before ever getting to the homescreen. I can navigate to the virtual machine settings at this time, however, the option to change the settings are greyed out. The video card is a Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Dan, Thanks Martin!