Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Simulator problems with Gold 10.2

In all these failure cases you've built with a 10.1 SDK.  Could you try building in the 10.2 SDK and let me know if there is any difference?  To change that right click on your project, choose Properties, BlackBerry API Level and choose 10.2 from the dropdown.  Then do a clean and build.

If that doesn't change anything try to run the simulator in bridged mode.  To change that open VMWare Player, select the BlackBerry 10 Simulator VM and choose Edit virtual machine settings.  Then click on Network Adapter and choose Bridged mode.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: vodafone

Hello Mark

Same problem Im afraid after building using 10.2 SDK and setting network adaptor to Bridged mode.

The simulator disconnect appears to be random, it usually disconnects during the run process but it disconnected once breifly during the build process, but reconnected itsel soon after. It never reconnects itself during a disconnect in the run phase however. 

I noticed simulator revision has changed from .1155 to .1443. This time the simulator loaded where it was visible in the Start Menu, so I am able to send you a simulation report.

Check out simulator bug report BBTEN 1642 and SDK bug report named "sim_10.2.0.1443 disconnects"

Cheers

David

My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Thank you for sending the additional logs and trying in 10.2.  I'll let you know what we find out.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker