Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums on April 1st. BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
12-08-2011 09:44 PM
I'm currently developing a native application using OSX as the host machine. When I try to run a sample application, it takes several minutes to get the application to the simulaor. During this time, the progress dialog in eclipse shows the message "Downloading and starting the application".
Is there any way to speed up the downloading of applications to the simulator? It's a huge time sink just waiting for this everytime I need to run the application after making a small change to code.
12-12-2011 11:47 AM
Could you provide some more information behind this scenario:
- Are you connecting to the device over WiFi or USB?
- If USB, is file sharing currently enabled?
- Does this issue reproduce with every application tested? Does it occur using the sample HelloWorld application?
- Could you let us know the average load time seen with an application?
- What is the OS of the PlayBook used for testing? Did you notice this with previous OS versions?