Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: DAB, DAC, Lost red Z10, Regular Replaced Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: airtel

Special Values being displayed

[ Edited ]

Hi, I tried to wrap 'battery.h' within a class so as to call the functions. I executed with a single function of battery.h api to see how it works but got some values which latter I got to know that they were special !

I got the integer value of 80000000. I called many functions one by one but same result.

After visiting the following link I learnt that these values are displayed when there is no valid values for the attribute..

http://developer.blackberry.com/native/reference/core/com.qnx.doc.bps.lib_ref/topic/battery_special_...

Any idea why the special values being displayed instead of the relevant one ? Thanks.

Looking for SMTP Servers, Bulk Emails and Bulk SMS services at an affordable price to help boost your business? Look no further. I've the solution for your needs. Contact me now.
Developer
My Device: DAB, DAC, Lost red Z10, Regular Replaced Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: airtel

Re: Special Values being displayed

anyone with suggestions on what may have gone wrong on my side ..

Looking for SMTP Servers, Bulk Emails and Bulk SMS services at an affordable price to help boost your business? Look no further. I've the solution for your needs. Contact me now.
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Special Values being displayed

Hi,

I've replied to this to bump it up a little and see if anyone else can look at it as I'm signing off in a few minutes.

Perhaps if you post the section of code you are having problems with and an example of the 'special characters' you get it may become a little clearer what the problem actually is and someone may be able to offer a solution.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.