Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Posts: 20
Registered: ‎10-25-2010
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

SqlDataAccess Issue



So, as a warning, I'm really out of practice with C++ development, so, this could be something simple.


Yesterday I downloaded the new NDK (10.0.06), and opened up my app.  There were some API method changes that I quickly fixed, but, there is one issue I have that I can't seem to solve.  In my app, I'm using a SqlLite DB.  The following is a code snippet:


SqlDataAccess sqlDataAccess("myDB.db");
sqlData = sqlDataAccess.execute("select * from myTable").value<QVariantList>();
if (sqlDataAccess.hasError()) {
  DataAccessError err = sqlDataAccess.error();
  qWarning() << "SQL error: type=" << err.errorType() << ": "
	<< err.errorMessage();
  return sqlData;

 This worked a-ok in 10.0.04 (as did the quotes sample project), but, now, the compile fails with 


"undefined reference to `bb::data:Smiley FrustratedqlDataAccess:Smiley FrustratedqlDataAccess(QString const&, QObject*)'"


(along with others).


My header is including

<QtSQL/QtSQL> and <bb/data/SqlDataAccess>

and using the bb::data namespace.


My class file is using the bb::data namespace.


Any help would be much appreciated!




Dan Slack

Posts: 209
Registered: ‎05-08-2012
My Device: PlayBook 64 Gb and Z10 LE
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: SqlDataAccess Issue

I too have the same problem ..


If U like my post click on LIKE Smiley Wink
Posts: 20
Registered: ‎10-25-2010
My Device: Not Specified

Re: SqlDataAccess Issue

Found the solution - I checked in my code, and was getting the same error with the JsonDataAccess object.  And, from that, somebody posted a solution to that  here.


TL;DR - add 

LIBS += -lbbdata


to your projects ".pro" file (I just added at the bottom).



Posts: 13
Registered: ‎06-05-2012
My Device: Torch 9800, PlayBook, BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: SqlDataAccess Issue

I too got this problem and this solved the problem!

New Developer
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎12-15-2015
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Lebara

Re: SqlDataAccess Issue

this was killing me for 2 f.. days. THANKS!!