Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, DA B, DA C, LE Z10 #102, Q10, Z30
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Strange Sound Behavior... simulator issue?

I have an app where I have replicated the cowbell demo with their C++/.pro files (except my context property is "app") and have ImageButtons to call the sounds so much like the cowbell demo I have:

ImageButton {
                onTouch: {
                    if (event.isDown()) {
                        app.playSound("bark1.wav");
                    }
                }
            }

This will play a sound however sometimes my "bark1.wav" file sounds muffled/only plays sometimes and other times sounds as it should.  Another similar button I use the "meow.wav" and no sound at all comes out.  As a final test, I used the "moo.wav" from the demo and that works better (least muffled sounding/plays everytime).  So is it my .wav files? (They all work fine on Windows Media Player)  Is it the simulator?  Thoughts?

(all three .wav files attached)

-Brian

---
Check out my BB10 Cascades Coding site: BBcascades.com & Cascades Blog: bbcascadescode.tumblr.com

My Built for BlackBerry app: The Dive Plan
Retired
My Device: developer
My Carrier: developer

Re: Strange Sound Behavior... simulator issue?

This doesn't answer your question, but it's more information.

I dropped your wav files into the assets for cowbell, and changed the qml to use these instead of the supplied ones and ran the app on the simulator.

The bark1.wav works fine for me, but the meow.wav generates no sound.  The original two wav files from the sample also play fine.  And all play in media player for me.

Stuart

Developer

Stuart,

Did you test this on the simulator or on a Dev Alpha? If it behaves bad on a Dev Alpha, I'll assume its bad .wav files. Thanks

-Brian
---
Check out my BB10 Cascades Coding site: BBcascades.com & Cascades Blog: bbcascadescode.tumblr.com

Retired

Same behaviour on both simulator and dev alpha.

Stuart

Developer

I'll assume bad .wav for meow.wav and I'll assume bad computer (need a new one) for bark1.wav acting funky. If you want to run another test, since I assume you have a better computer than me, turn off virtualization and see if the simulator is not only slow with virtualization off but is sound screwy on it too?
---

Retired

I suspect you know you want a better computer Smiley Happy

Try setting your simulator to 1 CPU.

Stuart