Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: various
My Carrier: AT&T

Telephony Beta 10.1

This feature works great in the new 10.1 build to pass data to the phone application. From this I am able to set the number (from XML) to dial. I want to set the same thing for BBM and SMS. Does anyone know how to do this via QML?

for the phone its 

Code:
                   onTouch: {
                        phone.initiateCall(ListItemData.number)
                    }

The only options that I have been able to find would be the invocation framework. The issue with this, is I want to set the destination and have the user enter a message they want. Currently you can set the message but not the destination.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the Star on the left of their post.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Telephony Beta 10.1

This is a current limitation.  When using the invocation framework to start a BBM chat you can either specify the contact for the chat or the text to pre-populate the chat session, but not both.  It's something we're looking to add support for in a future release.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Mark,
Thank you for the update. Is it possible to select the destination for the SMS messages as well? And if so do you have sample code?

Correct me if I am wrong, but PIN messages are now gone correct? (outside of BBM)
If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the Star on the left of their post.
Trusted Contributor

as a bit of a follow up, can you run an invoke.trigger from an onTouch in a listview?