Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: Playbook Tablet
My Carrier: MTS

Re: Test Qt application on real device before submitting to AppWorld

[ Edited ]

>>I don't know if this is a common problem with all QML applications on the playbook or is it something I have to do differnet on mine. Until I have a device to play with it is hard to guess...

no, it's not a common problem for QML apps (Transition test from QtCreator reqire aprox 5 seconds to start ). but maybe it's depend from complexity of QML code.

PS: can confirm - application  works - my server wake up Smiley Happy

/rgds
Andrey Yaromenok aka azazello
New Developer
My Device: Z10/Playbook
My Carrier: NFA

The QML is quite simple (as you can tell)... The c++ is pretty much what qt creator generates. I am sure there is room to optimize but can't think of anythign obvious...

Thank you for all your help

Felipe

Developer
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: ...

I did not see your splashscreen when it loaded, FYI I found that if the splash is not 1024x600 it will not show on the pb.

In my experience qml apps are slow to load initially. You can add a QSplashscreen widget to main.cpp but on the pb its not really necessary imo... On older Android phones the QSplashscreen is nice since a complex qml app can take up to 5~8 seconds to load initially..

Cheers,

Jon