Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Torch 9800, Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell, Rogers

Testing for different resolutions

Can someone provide input as to how to test for different resolutions of bb10 devices?

My qml editor is locked with a disabled dropdown list showing only the screen resolution 1280x768 of the dev alpha device so I can't even use that to build my pages for the different resolutions.

I need to be able to install simulators for testing 720x1280 and 720x720 so I ca build my qml for each device.

Would be very nice to have a guide to help with designing for multiple bb10 resolutions with cascade.

Berobo Inc.
Police Scanner Radio / Alarm Clock lets you listen to Police scanners in your area!
http://www.berobo.com
My Device: Red Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Testing for different resolutions

i can help with the greyed out option.... in your bar-descriptor under Application you can set the orientation to Default, Auto, Potrait, or Landscape, it's likely locked on Portrait right now.  Changing that will allow you to change the perspective in the QML editor... that's as far as i've dived into resolutions

Developer

Thanks yes I did lock my app to portrait but even when I do that the icon beside the disabled drop down is still active to switch the layout to landscape if I like to see it that way.  But what I'd like to do is add different resolutions to the drop down so I at least can see what the user is going to see on a 720x720 device or a 728x1280 device. 

Berobo Inc.
Police Scanner Radio / Alarm Clock lets you listen to Police scanners in your area!
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: ATT

They dont want you to have to worry about resolutions yet, and there will be more support as the date gets closer and we get simulators for the keyboard device.

Right now I dont see any reason to worry about it. You could use the dropdown to just set max heights and widths on a container that has your UI in it
Like all of my posts
Developer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

Currently the rumor is that the 720x720 simulator will be released in December...

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Developer

So for releasing apps now. Should we just build for dev alpha resolutions? Its the only thing I can really test on.

Berobo Inc.
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: ATT

Yes, you will have time to update the app if you submit now
Like all of my posts