Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Telus

TextAlignment

As of 10.1 all my text alignment is broken.  Every text field is aligned left until the user edits it and then it takes on the coded alignment.  Is there a fix for this?

Contributor

Re: TextAlignment

All my labels that were text alligned to the right are also now aligned to the left.  Grrrrrrrrr.  Screws up my entire ui.

Contributor

Well if I change my sdk back to 10.0.xxx everything aligns properly again.  I was playing around and if my text of my textfield is "naf" it aligns properly.  As soon as I delete the "f" or change it the alignment goes left again.  And I'm not even drunk.  

Highlighted
Contributor

Well I've pretty much wasted a day of development time with this issue.  The worst part is I can't seem to find anyone else with the issue.  I'm using a Mac with a fully updated version of Momentics and a fully updated Z10, Q10, and Dev Alpha C for testing.  Any textfield I create has it's text aligned left no matter what I set it to.  Once I build and run it displays aligned left on the device until I edit the value at which point it instantly changes to the alignment it has been set for.  I would very much appreciate if others could test this on their own devices and let me know if this issue is only on my setup for some reason.

TextField {
                    text: "test"
                    textStyle.textAlign: TextAlign.Right
                }

That code is creating a simple textfield with the text aligned to the left on my setup.  This issue is killing me.