Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

To Blackberry team: easy fix?

[ Edited ]

I am working on a camera app and I am constantly in the picture viewer deleting test pics. I think there is an element in there that definitely does not echo the "flow" concept. It is the delete prompt. Calling delete is easy: hit bottom right button, side menu triggers and delete is right there, but the prompt to confirm delete is displayed on the very top of the phone. Arrrrrgh! I normally wouldn't suggest fixes but this seems like it would be fixed with one line of code. Am I the only one who has noticed this? 

Developer
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: To Blackberry team: easy fix?

Guess I am the only one. If you try it you will know exactly what I mean. I guess it really doesn't matter if you are only deleting 1 picture, but you definitely feel it when you have multiple pics to delete. 

Developer
Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: -

well imo a multi select should fix the issue right?  (if it's not there already)

make a request in the IssueTracker Smiley Happy

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Sounds to me like this goes against the UI Guidelines, so I'd expect it to be done better by launch. May be worth you adding an issue in Jira to point it out though.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!